Adult Volleyball Rules
- Minimum number of players to register is 6
- Maximum number is 20
Roster & Eligibility of Players
Every team must submit a team roster prior to their first scheduled game. A player may be added or deleted from a roster until the date printed on the game schedule. At this time rosters will be frozen. To add or delete players from a roster, a team representative must do so in person with the gym supervisor. A player is not considered an eligible player until they have signed the roster or waiver.
- Any player information, which is not correct on a team’s roster, could result in the dismissal of that team from the league. Coaches should, at all times, keep up-to-date records of their team's roster. This practice can eliminate any questions as to whether a team member is eligible to play or not.
- A player must be on a team's roster to play in any game.
- Players must have competed in at least 4 regular season league games to participate in the season-ending tournament. Forfeits do not constitute a played match.
- Players must be at least 15 years of age by the first game of the season to participate in the league or tournament. A parent or guardian must sign the roster or waiver for those players under the age of 18.
All persons directly or indirectly involved in our program are expected to act in an adult-like manner. Games may be forfeited due to poor behavior.
Game Time & Forfeit Time
Game time is forfeit time for the first game in the match. 15 minutes past game time is forfeit of the second game. 30 minutes past game time is forfeit of third game and match. A team may be dropped from the league after 3 forfeits.
Each league match will consist of 3 games and each game counts as 1 point in the standings. In tournament play, best of 3 games will be in effect. The third game will be rally scoring to 11 or 15 depending on time.
League standings will be updated and available to you after 1 p.m. each day following your match at the recreation office. You may call 928-532-4140 or stop by the Recreation Offices located at the Aquatic Center. Standings will also be available from your gym supervisor.
We reserve the right, at anytime, to change your division or league to facilitate fair and balanced play.
- League: Overall season record will determine the champion and the runner-up teams in league.
- Tournament: All teams will generally participate in the post-season tournament.
Medical insurance is the responsibility of the team or individual. The City of Show Low does not carry medical insurance for these teams.
League game protests are discouraged and will not be accepted on judgment decisions. Protests will be handled by gym supervisor. If protests cannot be settled at that time, complete the following process:
- Protest must be written and submitted to the Show Low Recreation Offices during the next business day.
- A $10 hearing fee will be required and must accompany protest and is refundable if honored.
- All protests including illegal player protests must be made before match is completed. No protest will be accepted once a match is completed.
The game referee will do the scorekeeping.
3 games constitutes a match. The team that reaches 15 points with a 2-point advantage wins the game. The third game may be played to either 11 or 15 rally points depending on the time remaining. The referee will determine the third game point structure.
A team that forfeits a game without 24-hour notice must pay a $10 forfeit fee to the Show Low Parks and Recreation Department before their next scheduled game in order to play that game. No further notification to pay this forfeit fee will be given. A team with three forfeits may be dropped from the league without a refund. Forfeits will be declared for one or more of the following infractions:
- Not having the required number of players ready at game time.
- Illegal players (players not on a roster, players using assumed names, or ineligible players) participating. Teams using illegal players will have games affected declared forfeits.
- Misconduct on the part of the players, coaches, team managers or members of other teams in the program, before, during or after a contest.
- Failure to submit a legal roster prior to team’s first scheduled game.
- Failure to provide adequate supervision of young children.
All communication from teams to league supervisor and referee must come through team captain. Captains shall be identified before each regulation game to your game official.
- Your league schedule will be available from the recreation offices or from your gym supervisor.
- Make sure our office has a correct mailing address and coach’s phone number for your team at all times.
- Once schedules are made the games will proceed as scheduled. No game(s) will be rescheduled for the convenience a team or teams.
- If a game is cancelled due to gym/field concerns or any other situation out of our control such as weather, school scheduling conflicts, or evacuations. The game will be rescheduled during the next available time for our gym / fields and staff.
- Tournament games may be played any night of the week except Sunday. There will be no rearrangement of the schedule for the convenience of a team.
In order to remain on schedule each night at the gym, it is necessary that each team be responsible for the following:
- Arrive for your scheduled game at least 10 minutes prior to game time.
- Locate gym supervisor and fill out game line-up immediately. No games will be played without line-ups filled out.
- Coaches are responsible for player eligibility. A player must be on your team’s roster to participate in a game.
Awards vary from season to season.
Uniforms are encouraged but not required.
Children at the Gym
Children must be supervised at all times. Children are required to stay by the bleachers and cannot play with any of the apparatus in the gym.
- 1st & 2nd offense: Warning
- 3rd offense: 1 point awarded to opposing team
- 4th offense: Forfeiture of game
- Terri Nikolaus, League Coordinator
- A gym supervisor or referee will be responsible for your game operation
- Show Low Parks & Recreation
1100 W. Deuce of Clubs
Show Low, AZ 85901