- Planning & Zoning
- Permits & Applications
- Zone Change Applications
Zone Change Applications
The following individuals or groups may petition for a zone change:
- 1 or more of several joint property owners
- 75% or more of the owners of property
- The City Council or Planning and Zoning Commission
- The owner(s) and/or authorized agent of the property
- Applicant must submit a Zone Change Application (PDF)
- Applicant must arrange for a pre-application meeting with the Planning and Zoning Department staff
- Applicant must conduct a neighborhood meeting prior to formal submission
- Photographs, drawings, and other supporting documents, if the applicant wishes
- Completed 207 Waiver which is attached to the Zone Change Application
- Please refer to Title 19 of the City Code for complete submittal instructions and requirements
- Payment of the non-refundable $600 filing fee
Application Requirements Application must include:
- A map showing the particular property or properties for which the change of zone is requested
substantially the adjoining properties and the public streets and ways within a radius of 300 feet of the exterior boundaries
- A project narrative
- A tentative development plan which include:
- Block layouts
- Location, types, and uses of proposed structures
- Off-street parking spaces
- Open spaces
- Percentage of structure-to-land use
- Preliminary plans and elevations of structure types
- Proposed street system
- Topographical information
- A completed application shall be submitted to the Planning and Zoning Director at least 25 days prior to the public hearing.
- Staff will evaluate the submittal for consistency and conformance with the General Plan (PDF).
- The item will be placed on the commission and council agendas and posted in the legal section of the local newspaper and on the real property at least 15 days prior to the 1st meeting.
- Property owners located within 300 feet of the property will receive meeting notification by mail.
- The Planning and Zoning Commission will hold a public hearing and forward their recommendations on the rezone request to the City Council.
- The City Council will hold their public hearing and render a decision on the application.
- The approved zone change will go into effect 30 days after council adoption.