Temporary Vendors & Merchants
- Large Mobile Vendor Application $200.00 (a minimum of 20 and no more than 30 working days is required to process this application) A licensed, motorized vehicle or mobile food unit that is temporarily placed on a privately-owned lot where food items are sold to the general public and which is located at the same location for eight (8) or less hours within a twenty-four (24) hour period. A large mobile vendor does not include sales of prepackaged food which take place on non-collector city streets and which do not obstruct the city right-of-way for more than five (5) minutes at a time.
- Large Temporary Merchant Application $200.00 (a minimum of 20 and no more than 30 working days is required to process this application) A food vendor that occupies more than eighty (80) square feet but not more than one hundred-eighty (180) square feet of area in conjunction with an already established business for a period of time not to exceed ninety (90) days but not more than one hundred-twenty (120) calendar days form the initial date of opening.
- Peddler/Solicitor Application $50.00 Any person who conducts the business of selling goods, wares, merchandise, food or personal property of any nature whatsoever and who does not intend to establish a permanent business location within the city or who conducts such business by foot, cart, wagon, motor vehicle or any other type of conveyance from place-to-place, house-to-house, street-to-street, or business-to-business. Peddler shall not include a distributor/wholesaler. Or a salesman or peddler which takes or attempts to take orders for the sale and future delivery of goods, wares, merchandise, intangibles, personal property of any nature whatsoever or services to be furnished or performed in the future, rather than selling such items from inventory or stock currently in possession. A person may be a solicitor regardless of whether such person has, carries, or exposes for sale a sample of the subject of such order, and regardless of whether such person collects advance payment on such sales or orders. Solicitor shall not include a distributor or wholesaler.
- Small Mobile Vendor Application $50.00 (a minimum of 20 and no more than 30 working days is required to process this application) A non-motorized mobile food unit that does not meet the requirements for a licensing as defined by the Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles and which is temporarily located on either private or public property.
- Temporary Merchant Application $50.00 (a minimum of 20 and no more than 30 working days is required to process this application) A food vendor that occupies no more than eighty (80) square feet of are in conjunction with an already established business for a period of time not to exceed ninety (90) calendar days from the initial date of opening.
- Transient Merchant Application $200.00 + $10.00/a day Any person who engages in temporary business of selling and delivering goods, wares or merchandise within the city,and who in furtherance of such purpose, hires, leases, uses or occupies any building, structure, motor vehicle, tent, public room in a hotel, lodging house, apartment, shop, or any street, alley or other place within the city for the exhibition and sale of such goods, wares, or merchandise either privately or at public auction. A transient merchant is further defined as a vendor that occupies more than one hundred-eight (180) square feet in conjunction with an already established business or which operates on a vacant or otherwise unoccupied piece of property, regardless of size of vendor or time period. A transient merchant is limited to a maximum of fourteen (14) days within a sixty (60) day period. The person or firm so engaged shall not be relieved from complying with the provisions of this chapter merely be reason of associating temporarily with any local dealer, trader, merchant or auctioneer or by conducting such transient business with, as part of, or in the name of any such dealer, trader, merchant or auctioneer.