A library card is available for free to residents of Show Low and the White Mountain area. Membership allows you to borrow library materials and eBooks, as well as access online resources and more from any library in Navajo County Library District. To become a cardholder:
- Complete an application; and
- Present a valid photo ID.
You are responsible for all items borrowed with your library card. If your card is lost or stolen, you must notify us immediately (replacement cards are available for only $1). Likewise, please notify us if your email, phone number or address changes. You should return or renew items by the due date to avoid any fees. Please remember to pay any fees promptly as we may submit your account to a collection agency for unpaid fees. NOTE: We send courtesy reminders via email only (we do not mail letters), so please make sure that we have your email address if you'd like to receive a courtesy overdue reminder.
Temporary Guest Card for Computer Use
We provide free temporary guest cards for computer use only. Stop by the Customer Service Desk for assistance. Please note that using another person’s card for Internet access or letting them use your card may result in loss of library privileges.
Borrowing Library Materials
You may borrow up to 25 items at a time. There are no fees to borrow; however, we will charge you an overdue fee if you do not return items by the due date. You can also renew most items one time if no one else is waiting for them.
You can return borrowed items to any public library in Navajo County. For your convenience, we have two outdoor returns, including a drive-up return, as well as an inside return.
If you owe $10 or more in fees, you will not be able to borrow items, renew items, or use a library computer until you have paid the fees. If you damage, an item, we will charge you a repair fee. If you lose or fail to return an item, we will charge you a replacement fee and a $7 processing fee. If you do not return an item within 60 days of the due date, we will submit your account to a collection agency and charge you a nonrefundable $10 collection agency fee.
Show Low Public Library no longer charges overdue fees on any items that are owned by Show Low Public Library. If you have borrowed items from another library in Navajo County, overdue fees will still apply.
|Items||Days||Renewals||Fees per day||Limits|
If you can't find an item in our system, we’ll attempt to borrow it from another library outside our system or research purchasing it for our collection.
We’d love to help you find the next great book or recommend a new author; just ask!
Click on the image above to sign-up to receive a weekly email listing our most recent acquisitions.
Click on the image above to sign-up to receive an email or text message when we acquire a book by your favorite authors.
Once you're a registered cardholder, you can access your online account to:
- See what items you have checked out, when they’re due and if you owe money;
- Update your contact information;
- Update your password;
- Renew items that are eligible for renewal;
- Send us a question or comment;
- Communicate with us to borrow items from another library, conduct research or suggest a purchase for our collection; and
- Search for items and place “holds” for items that you’d like to reserve.
You can connect with us through your favorite social media, including Facebook, Google+, Twitter, and Pinterest.
Sign in to your online account with your library card number and PIN; then find an item you want and select “Place Hold”. You can specify which library to pick-up the item when it's available and also an "expiration date" for when you no longer would like the item.
Looking for something great to read? See our staff and volunteer picks at Pinterest.
How to Renew ItemsYou can renew most items one time. NOTE: If another person is waiting to borrow the item, you cannot renew it.
- ONLINE: Sign in, click on “Renew My Materials”, select the item(s) that you’d like to renew and click on “Renew Selected Items”.
- PHONE: Call us at 928-532-4070.
- EMAIL: Send us an email at email@example.com.
- IN PERSON: Stop by with the item or your library card.
As good stewards of taxpayer funds, we utilize Unique Management Services (UMS) to recover library materials and unpaid fees. Our system automatically submits unpaid accounts based on the following schedule:
- 7 days past due: We email the 1st notice.
- 14 days past due: We email the 2nd notice.
- 21 days past due: We email the 3rd and final notice.
- 45 days past due: We mail a bill for lost library materials.
- 60 days past due: We refer unpaid accounts to a collection agency if an account balance is $25 or more. This includes a non-refundable $10 service charge (which covers the cost the collection agency charges us). Over the next 120 days, the collection agency will make multiple attempts to contact the unpaid cardholder to request the return of the library materials and the payment of any outstanding charges.