- The City of Show Low is committed to fiscal responsibility through open and transparent budget practices. In an effort to further our commitment to our residents, elected officials, and staff the City of Show Low partnered with OpenGov to provide a web-based financial transparency tool the presents the City's revenues and expenses, from historical trends to line item level details. By accessing the website you will have around-the-clock access and a better understanding of the City of Show Low's Budget.
Here are some general tips on how to navigate the City of Show Low's Financial Transparency Portal - OpenGov:
- The Portal allows you to explore budget and historical finances in a simple graphical user interface. The main view includes a chart or graph, a legend and various controls to view expenses by departments out of various funds.
- You will notice the title of the chart or graph you are viewing on top along with the account type selector. You can use the filter to see the data that is of most interest to you.
- To focus on specific data - like a fund, department, expense type, or any combination look to the left and use the menu on the side panel. These selectors allow you to specify exactly what breakdown you want the graph or table to represent. When you select "Filter BY" the data filter pops up and allows you to turn on or turn off selected filters for that category, fund, department, or expense type.
- Keep in mind that some departments or expenses only receive funds from specific funds. If the department or expense is not funded from a particular fund, it will be grayed out. Such as General funds vs. Proprietary funds.
- There are five different types of visual representations of the data: an area graph, an area graph by percentage, a line graph, a pie graph, and a table. You can change your view by type at any point by simply selecting the different type of representation. The data will automatically convert. These functions are on the top right.
- You can also download the data into a spreadsheet or image.
- You can share the data (any view of the data) on a social network or by e-mail.
- Should you have a question regarding the data you simply click the help button at the top right and select "Contact the City of Show Low". A member of the Finance staff will receive your question via e-mail and will be able to respond to you.