*Notice of Building Code Changes*
Per Resolution 2020-01 The City of Show Low has updated several sections of Title 18, Building, including adopting the following building codes; 2018 I.B.C. and 2018 I.R.C.
As of February 7, 2021 ALL plans MUST be submitted using the 2018 codes.
Online Inspection Requests Now Available!
Contact the Building Department at (928) 532-4050 for additional information about requesting inspections online and to obtain your contractor code. If you already have a contractor code, use this link to request an inspection.
The City of Show Low is committed to protecting both customers and staff from COVID-19. Therefore, the following items can be addressed via phone or email;
- Building code questions (928) 532-4045
- Inspection questions (928) 532-4045
- Setback questions (928) 532-4042
- Zoning questions (928) 532-4042
- Shed or fence questions (928) 532-4040
- Code enforcement (928) 532-4048
- Business permits/licenses (928) 532-4042
Notice of Fee Increases
Per Resolution 2011-45: An increase based on the Construction Cost Index (CCI) will cause the following fees to increase and implements an annual increase based on the CCI each January 1st, Water System Capacity Fees and Sewer System Capacity Fees.
About the Department The Building Department regulates the construction, demolition, and occupancy of all buildings within the City of Show Low. The primary mission of the Building Department is to provide life safety and a better quality of living for the residents of the City of Show Low.
The responsibilities of the staff include the following:
- Issuing permits for the construction, repair, or alteration of all buildings and structures
- Overseeing plan reviews
- Conducting inspections