24th Annual Clean Sweep Project
The 2022 Project Clean Sweep, our popular and successful beautification program, is a program sponsored by the City of Show Low to help our citizens rid their property of unwanted items such as green waste and abandoned vehicles. This project’s primary goal is to make our city more fire-safe and attractive. Project Clean Sweep helps you be fire-safe by sponsoring events that will protect your home and your loved ones. This project could also increase your property value by making your home more attractive and convenient to eliminate unwanted items. Please take advantage of these services and show our pride in our community.
Participation in the program is free to those presenting proof of residency via a City of Show Low utility bill DISPLAYING CURRENT REFUSE SERVICE or a valid driver’s license listing a physical address within the city limits. Please note that commercial businesses are excluded from the program.
Green Waste Dumping
Items may be dropped off between 8:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. from Monday, May 9 through Saturday, May 14, and Monday, May 16 through Saturday, May 21. This free service is limited to these specially designated weeks.
Bring proof of your residency to participate.
Acceptable items include:
- Pine needles
- Tree limbs
- Wood products- pallets, treated/untreated lumber, and painted/ unpainted lumber
- Grass clippings and organic materials
Prohibited items include:
- Other trash mixed in with the green waste
Drop off is for free at Dirty Deeds Green Waste, located at 890 Cinder Pit Road off of US 60 (behind Perkins Cinders)
- Dirty Deeds is located east on US 60, approximately two miles past SR 77 (Penrod Road) to North First Knoll Drive. Make a turn, head south about 0.3 miles, and take a right on Cinder Pit Road. The road ends at 890 Cinder Pit Road. Direct any questions to Rick Austin at (928) 532-4100 or Dirty Deeds at (928) 242-1666. Please bag waste loosely, and Dirty Deeds will need to empty bags on arrival.
Bulky Item Pick Up
Monday, June 6, through Friday, June 10 (picked up on your regular scheduled trash collection day). There is no charge on your regular scheduled trash collection day, Monday, June 6, through Friday, June 10, from 7:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
- City employees collect bulky items such as:
- Large appliances (empty refrigerators or freezers of all contents before placing at curbside and the door should be removed should be secured for safety purposes)
- Residents are NOT required to schedule a pickup
- Place your items in front of your residence next to the roadway by 7:00 a.m. City staff follows the Waste Management route schedule.
- Prohibited items include: Liquid paints, oils, pesticides, herbicides, household cleaning products
- We received many calls from concerned citizens about the fact that their Bulk items were NOT picked up on their regular trash day. Due to the extensive participation in this event, the City crews were unable to get to each neighborhood on their regular trash pick-up day. Three City crews go out in neighborhoods, one for green waste pick up, one for excess trash, and one for appliances, tires, etc. After trucks are full, the driver would dispose of those loads before returning to the neighborhoods to continue pickup. All bulk items meeting the requirements will be picked up. Crews will continue pick-up routes into the next week, if necessary. You may call Show Low Public Works with any questions or concerns at 928-532-4100.
Lone Pine Transfer Station
Monday, June 6, through Saturday, June 11
Take your items (and proof of residency) to the Lone Pine Transfer Station north of Show Low, west of SR 77 on Lone Pine Dam Road, and dump them at no charge. Participation in this free event is from Monday, June 6, through Saturday, June 11, from 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. (closed noon to 12:30 p.m.).
- Materials from construction sites or commercial debris will be charged standard rates.
- Also, under no circumstances will the transfer station accept:
- Hazardous materials, automobile batteries, tires with or without rims
Salvage companies will pay cash for inoperable vehicles, with or without a title, and will haul them away at no charge to you. Please contact our salvage companies directly to make arrangements.
- S&D Auto Wrecking at (928) 537-7132
The city also offers free excess trash collection services six times a year. This service is available to all City of Show Low refuse customers and is provided by Waste Management on your regular scheduled collection day. Available dates are May 2 to 6, July 11 to 15, September 12 to 16, and November 14 to 18 (excess trash weeks are moved to the next week when any service day falls on an observed holiday).
- Excess trash must be bagged, boxed, or bundled; is limited to everyday household items; should not exceed 50 pounds per single item, and is limited to the equivalent of one pickup load (4x4x8 feet)or about 20 bags.
- Items must be placed at the curbside no earlier than the night before pick up or by 6 a.m. the day of pickup.
- Items that are not accepted include:
- Furniture, mattresses, refrigerators, freezers
- The city also provides convenient curbside recycling pickup on your regular scheduled collection day, with one large bin for recyclables.
Items NOT accepted for recycling are:
- Plastic bags
- Plastic wrap
- Shredded paper
- Foam cups/containers
- Food waste
- Green waste
- Films and food-soiled cardboard
- Paper goods, such as pizza boxes.
Please note that construction materials and hazardous materials are strictly prohibited, such as:
- Liquid paints, oils, pesticides, herbicides, household cleaning products
Participation in the annual Clean Sweep program is free to those presenting proof of residency via either a City of Show Low utility bill DISPLAYING CURRENT REFUSE SERVICE or a valid driver’s license listing a physical address within the city limits. Please note that commercial businesses are excluded from the program.
City of Show Low | 180 North 9th Street, Show Low, AZ 85901 | (928) 532-4000 | www.showlowaz.gov