Create an Account - Increase your productivity, customize your experience, and engage in information you care about.
In accordance with city code and state statutes related to the operation of Short-Term Residential Rentals, the city has compiled a list of frequently asked questions for your convenience. We are glad that you have chosen the City of Show Low and wish you luck with your venture.
A: A “Short-Term Residential Rental” is defined as any residential property utilized as a residential rental for less than thirty (30) consecutive days. These are commonly utilized through advertisers such as Airbnb and VRBO.
A: The purpose of this registration is to provide contact information in case of an emergency such as a break in or water leak. This process also allows the city to provide information to property owners related to city code requirements in a proactive manner to help avoid any potential issues or problems.
A: There is no charge to register a short-term residential rental located in the City of Show Low.
A: Yes, as the owner of the property it is your responsibility to ensure that the property and tenants are in compliance with city and state statutes. Violation of these requirements may result in enforcement action by the city and notification to the Department of Revenue.
A: Zoning requirements vary based on the location of the property and the type of proposed use. Please contact the Planning and Zoning Department at (928) 532-4040 with questions related to a specific property.
If you have any additional questions that were not addressed above please contact the Planning and Zoning Department at (928) 532-4040 for additional information.
that I am responsible for ensuring that this short-term rental is in compliance with all city codes, including property maintenance, noise, parking, property maintenance requirements, and refuse collection as well as all other applicable city or state statutes related to short-term residential rentals. I understand that it is the responsibility of the property owner to ensure compliance with any deed restrictions or CC&R’s associated with the property. I also recognize that any verified violations of either city or state requirements may result in notification to the Arizona Department of Revenue and/or appropriate enforcement actions by the city. I also recognize that per city code section 16.55.010, all short-term rentals shall comply with the following:
(1) The owner of the property shall provide to the city the address of the property, and the name, phone number, address, and email of the owner on the form provided by the city.
(2) The owner of the property shall provide to the city the name, phone number, address, and email of the emergency contact on the form provided by the city.
(3) The owner of the property is responsible for ensuring that the property complies with all applicable federal, state and local laws, including noise, parking, refuse collection, and property maintenance.
(4) Short-term rentals shall be utilized for residential purposes only and shall not be utilized for commercial purposes. Short-term rentals shall not be utilized for sober living homes or the housing of sex offenders.
(5) The owner of the vacation rental must display the phone number and email address of the property owner or property owner’s agent who has authority and responsibility to respond to a complaint in person, over the phone, by email, or text at any time of the day. This information must be displayed in a conspicuous place visible to the outside within ten (10) feet of the primary entrance to the short-term rental.
I hereby certify that I am the owner or duly authorized owner's agent, that I have read this application and that all information is correct. I further certify that I have read, understand, and will comply with all the provisions outlined hereon.
This field is not part of the form submission.
* indicates a required field